Information That We Collect
- Registration: When you register to become a Business Member of the Treepple Network, we request certain Business Information from you such as your business name and email address, zip code, telephone and contact person information. You may choose to update and/or supplement the Business Information that you provided at registration at any time through your account settings. When you register to become a Personal Member (User) of the Treepple Network, we request certain Personal Information from you such as your name and email address, zip code, telephone, health topics of interest and other personal data that may assist us in tailoring our content and our services to you. You may choose to update and/or supplement the Business Information that you provided at registration at any time through your account settings.
- Market Research: From time to time, we may invite you to participate in market research surveys for Treepple and market research surveys conducted on behalf of third party sponsors either by Treepple or a third party ("Sponsored Surveys"), where in this context "sponsor" means the provider of products and services who commissioned the survey. Treepple surveys may be administered by one of our companies or by a third party acting on our behalf.
We use web beacons and cookies to: (i) track usage of the Services; (ii) help us deliver more relevant advertising and content to users of the Services; (iii) assess which Services our users access; and (iv) track who has opened our emails or read our notifications.
- Information from Third Party Sources: We may also collect additional information about members of the Treepple Network from third party sources to assist us in providing the Services. For example, we may use third party information to verify and update your registration information and to personalize the Services provided to you, including advertising.
How We May Use Your Information
- Communications: By registering for the Services, you are consenting to receive certain communications. Specifically, we may use your registration information to send you communications about our products and services and the products and services of our third party sponsors through pop-ups, banners and emails. You may also subscribe to receive certain email newsletters sent to registered users from time to time which you may manage through the newsletter subscriptions area within your account settings.
- Marketing and Advertising: In connect with advertising and marketing activities, Treepple may:
- Member Profiles: As described above, we use web beacons and cookies to track your use of the Services, including content consumption, and may associate this information with other information that we have about you, including Personal Information, thereby creating a profile of you that we may update from time to time ("Member Profile").
- Research, Development, and Evaluation Activities: We use information that we collect about users of our Services, including Personal Information, to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Services (including advertising and Sponsored Programs), to develop new Services and for market analysis. We may combine this information with information that we obtain from third parties.
- Account Management: We may use your account information to administer your account, respond to your inquiries you send to us and to send you administrative communications about the Services.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- Companies and People Who Work for Us: We each contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide the Services and to otherwise assist us in the operation of our businesses. For example, we may host one of our Sites on another company's computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our digital tools, work with companies to analyze data, provide marketing assistance (including assisting us in targeting our advertisements as described herein), to create specific content or to provide customer service or fulfillment services. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we may provide these companies and individuals with Personal Information about users of our Services so that they can fulfill their responsibilities to us, however, we do require that they agree to limit their use of this Personal Information to the fulfillment of these responsibilities.
- Aggregated Information: We may provide aggregated information about users of our Services to third parties as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. For example, Treepple may tell a customer what percentage of registered users of the Treepple Network reside in a particular geographical area, or what percentage of participants in a market research survey selected a particular response to a survey question. We may also use Personal Information to evaluate the performance of an advertising campaign and may provide aggregate outcomes information to the advertiser.
- Advertising and Sponsored Programs: We may provide your Personal Information to third party sponsors of advertisements and Sponsored Programs. Specifically, when you are exposed to an advertisement through the Services, whether on a Site, in a newsletter or through some other means, or when you engage in a Sponsored Program, e.g., access a sponsored information resource or open a Sponsored Program email, we may provide your Personal Information, such as your name, but not your contact information such as email address and postal address, to the sponsor of the advertisement or Sponsored Program and/or its agents on the sponsor's behalf. We may also provide such third parties with details about your engagement with the advertisement or Sponsored Program (e.g., whether you viewed or otherwise interacted with certain content), your answers to any polling questions contained in the Sponsored Program that you have chosen to provide and information about you that we have received from third parties. Additionally, when you register as a member of the Treepple Network, either as a Business or Personal user we may provide your Personal Information, excluding contact information, to potential sponsors of advertisements and Sponsored Programs that may be offered or provided to you through the Services. We are not responsible for how these third parties use your information and manage your privacy.
- Member Profiles: Treepple may provide Member Profiles (excluding contact information, such as email address and postal address, and information about your participation in specific named activities) to third parties, including our pharmaceutical or medical equipment manufacturer customers, which they may use for their business purposes including marketing. We require these third parties to agree that they will use Member Profiles in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. By registering as a member of the Treepple Network and using the Services, you consent to Treepple's disclosure of your Member Profiles to third parties as described herein.
- Legal Requirements: We may release account and other Personal Information when we believe release (1) is required to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (2) is reasonable in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights of us or others.
Security of Information
We have implemented technology and security policies and other measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. We also require that all of our employees and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data respect your confidentiality.
We use security methods to determine the identity of registered users, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called authentication. We use both passwords and usernames to authenticate users. Users are responsible for maintaining the security of their Treepple login credentials.
Access to Information and Choices
- Account Information: You may update your registration information at any time through the Account Management feature available on each of the Sites and Apps. You may also contact Customer Support (CustomerSupport@treepple.com) and request that your registration information be updated or deleted. Upon your request, we will delete your registration information from our active databases and where feasible, from our backup media. Note that if we delete your account, we may maintain certain demographic information about you as well as information about your use of our services for product improvement purposes.
Note to Users Outside of the United States
The Treepple Network and the Services are designed and intended for use by adults, and are not intended for nor designed to be used by children under the age of 18. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we know is under the age of 18.
Privacy Questions or Concerns
For privacy questions or concerns about one of our Web sites or Services, please contact CustomerSupport@treepple.com.